MASTERCARD SUPERMARKET COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- These terms and conditions are the Competition Rules ("Rules") with respect to the Mastercard Supermarket Competition ("the Competition"). By agreeing to participate in the Competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules.
- Mastercard International Incorporated (“Mastercard”) reserves the right to cancel or amend the Rules without notice from time to time as it in its sole discretion may deem appropriate and also in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, Act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside Mastercard’s reasonable control, subject to any approval required from the Betting, Gaming and Lotteries Commission (“the BGLC”) and/or pursuant to the provisions of the Betting, Gaming and Lotteries Act and/or any regulations proclaimed thereunder (“the Act”). A copy of the Rules and any changes and/or amendments of the Rules will be published on any medium that Mastercard may deem appropriate, including without limitation the use of leaflets in Participating Supermarkets (as defined below) and/or as set out on the following website: caribbean.mastercard.com.
- In the event of any dispute between Mastercard and any person deemed or selected by Mastercard to be an entrant or winner in the Competition regarding the Rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to the Competition, such dispute shall be referred to the BGLC for adjudication and the BGLC shall be guided by these Rules and the Act in the determination of all disputes between Mastercard and any person deemed or selected by Mastercard to be an entrant or winner in the Competition.
DURATION OF THE COMPETITION
- The Competition shall commence at 12:00 a.m. on November 12th 2018, and shall end at 11:59 p.m. on December 31st, 2018, subject to Mastercard’s unilateral right to amend these dates and times as it in its sole discretion deems fit, and subject to the approval of the BGLC (“the Competition Period”). All times aforementioned shall be taken to be the applicable time in the island of Jamaica.
- The participating supermarkets of Progressive Grocers of Jamaica Limited are itemised below (the “Participating Supermarkets”):
JR's Bargain World Sevens Road
7 Sevens Road,
May Pen, Clarendon
Super Shoppers Fair May Pen
21 Sevens Road,
Shoppers Fair Manchester
18 Caledonia Road,
Shoppers Fair Mandeville
5 1/2 Caledonia Road,
Brooklyn Clock Tower
11 Hope Road,
Brooklyn Twin Gates
Twin Gates Plaza, 25 Constant Spring Road,
John R Wong
1-5 Tobago Ave,
29 East Kings House Road,
Shoppers Fair Duhaney Park
Shops 14, 15 & 18, Duhaney Park Plaza,
Duhaney Park, Kingston 20
Shoppers Fair Harbour View
Shop 49, Harbour View Shopping Center,
Harbour View, Kingston 17
Shoppers Fair Liguanea
151 Old Hope Road,
Shop #1, Sovereign Center, 6
106 Hope Rd, Kingston
Super Shoppers Fair Blvd
2-4 Savanna Avenue,
Super Valu Supermarket
56 Mannings Hill Road,
Progressive Foods Ocho Rios
Unit #9 Eight Rivers Towne Centre
Buckfield Estates, Ocho Rios
JR's Bargain World Linstead
31 King Street,
Progressive Foods Portmore
Lot 5&6 Braeton Park Way
Braeton, P. O
Shoppers Fair Brunswick
Corner of Eltham Parkway & Brunswick Ave.,
Shoppers Fair Burke Road
Corner of Burke Rd & 2 White Church Street,
Shoppers Fair Greater Portmore
Shop 100, Greater Portmore Shopping Center,
Shoppers Fair Portmore Mall
Shop 3C Portmore Mall Shopping Center,
Shoppers Fair Junction
Progressive Foods Bogue
Unit #9 Fairview Town Centre,
Bogue Estate, Montego Bay
Progressive Foods Whitter
1091 Morgan Road,
Ironshore, Montego Bay
Shoppers Fair Blue Diamond
Shop 1, Blue Diamond Shopping Centre, Ironshore, Montego Bay
Shoppers Fair Westgate
Shops 18&19, Westgate Shopping Centre,
Westgate, Montego Bay
21 Great Georges Street,
Shoppers Fair Savanna-la-Mar
33-35 Beckford Street,
- To qualify to enter the Competition you must be resident of the island of Jamaica, at least eighteen (18) years of age and owner of Mastercard prepaid or credit card issued by financial institutions authorized to conduct business within the island of Jamaica. By accepting the prize pursuant to this Competition, the entrant and or winner acknowledges to have read the Rules and to be duly agreed to be absolutely bound by the same.
- Employees of Mastercard or any associated company of Mastercard and their immediate families (i.e. spouse, child (including adopted or step-children), parent (including parents by way of adoption or step-parents), persons connected with the Competition/prize draw and their immediate families (i.e. spouse, child (including adopted or step-children), parent (including parents by way of adoption or step-parents) i.e. prize sponsors, newsagents, wholesalers and their agents are not eligible to enter the Competition.
- You hereby warrant that all information submitted by you to Mastercard, its agents and/or any Participating Supermarket is true, current and complete. Mastercard reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
- Mastercard reserves the right to disqualify any entrant or winner if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the Rules.
- In the event that any entrant or winner is disqualified from the Competition, Mastercard in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement should be selected. In this event, any further entrant or winner will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant or winner and will be subject to these Rules.
- You will qualify for an entry in the draw (as specified at paragraph 16 below) if: (i) you make a purchase with your Mastercard prepaid or credit card issued by financial institutions authorized to conduct business within the island of Jamaica, at any Participating Supermarkets during the Competition Period, (ii) such purchase is at a Participating Supermarket and is more than J$5000 (exclusive of General Consumption Tax), and (iii) you completely fill out the Competition Entry Form (as defined below), (the above (i) – (iii) collectively, (the “Qualifying Purchase”).
- Each Qualifying Purchase is equal to one (1) participation in the draw.
- To complete your entry in the draw, you will have to complete an entry form providing the following information (the “Entry Form”):
- Telephone contact*
- Email contact, if any*
- Date of purchase*
- Time of purchase*
- Store employee
- cashier; and
- customer attendant
The following information is optional and may be requested, but is not a pre-requisite for participation:
- Each Participating Supermarket store will have the Competition Entry Form at each and all cashiers, as well at the Customer Service area. In case there are no available Mastercard Supermarket Entry Forms available at the Participating Supermarket you visit, please contact and report issue to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Once the issue has been resolved after reporting, the shopper will be notified via e-mail and can return to the store at any time during the entry period and complete and submit their entry.
- After you have completed your Mastercard Supermarket Entry Form, make sure you insert your entry in the Competition collection box.
- The sealed collection box is located in a secured area at the Customer Service Desk at each Participating Supermarket. If you are not able to find the entry box at the Participating Supermarket you’ve visited, please contact and report issue to: email@example.com. Once the issue has been resolved after reporting, you will be notified via e-mail and can return to the store at any time during the entry period and complete and submit their entry.
- The sealed collection box will be cleared on December 31st, 2018, and the Entry Forms will be safely and securely stored in a safe in all confinement at Janus Strategic Marketing Services Limited’s Office, located at 7 Barbados Avenue, Kingston 5, Jamaica, until the draw date.
- The prize of this draw consists of Progressive Grocers Gift Vouchers (“Gift Vouchers”) to be delivered by Progressive Grocers of Jamaica Limited valued at One Million Jamaican Dollars (J$1,000,000) to be spent by the winner on groceries valid at any Participating Supermarkets for a period of one (1) year accruing from the date the winner is selected by means of a draw (the “Validity Period”).
- You hereby warrant to enter into such contractual agreement upon such terms and conditions as required by Progressive Grocers of Jamaica Limited to facilitate the redemption of the Gift Voucher, during the Competition Period, should you be selected as the winner.
- There will be three (3) draws by random selection on January 7th, 2019, at Janus Strategic Marketing Services Limited’s office in the presence of a Betting Gaming and Lottery Commission’s Representative (“the Draw”). The first draw will determine the single winner of the Competition, the other two (2) draws will determine the two (2) alternates (“Alternates”). Alternates will be called only to replace the winner who does not meet the raffle requirements or does not claim the prize. Such Alternates will not be classified as winners or receive a prize unless they are selected accordingly.
- The entry drawn will be verified with the Participating Supermarket to certify validity.
- The winner will then be contacted via telephone and/or email (where applicable) and given five (5) working days to claim the prize after which an Alternate will be selected and contacted. The originally selected winner will be informed of the expiration of the prize claim time and the transfer of the prize to the Alternate via telephone and/or email (where applicable).
- Alternates will be called to claim the prize in the same order in which they were selected before a notary. The 1st of the selected Alternates will have five (5) working days to claim the prize after which the second selected alternate will be contacted. The Alternate who claims the prize will have the same term and conditions to claim the prize, as provided in these rules.
- The prize will be presented at the winning Participating Supermarket location no later than January 30th, 2019.
- MASTERCARD is not liable if the consumer purchase or transaction at the Participating Supermarkets is not generated automatically, not reflected on the Progressive Group system, if the transaction is declined or it is not registered, for technical reasons that MASTERCARD does not control, or if it is lost, it is received outside the participation period, it is redirected to other places that prevent their registration, or that for reasons of the systems, computer operations fail and there is no access to it, or for human, technical or computer errors that cause the transaction not to be received or registered or that are not received or incorporate the participations without purchase.
- The winner shall only be entitled to redeem the prize as set out in the Gift Voucher during the Validity Period after which any entitlements set out in the Gift Voucher shall expire absolutely without the possibility to reinstatement. Failure of the winner to use, or fully use, the Gift Voucher during the Validity period shall result in such entitlements, or any part thereof, being rendered void.
- Prize is non–transferable and there is no cash alternative. Mastercard reserves the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value at any time.
- Prize is awarded at the discretion of Mastercard and no prize will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant.
- Failure to comply with any of the Rules of the Competition will result in an automatic disqualification and the consequent awarding of the prize to a substitute or alternate winner.
- This Competition will be promoted through an advertising campaign which will include, but is not limited to:
- Print Media
- Digital Adverting
- Social Media
- Mastercard shall have no responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant as a result of any loss or damage to the sealed collection box.
- Mastercard does not accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes outside its control.
- Mastercard shall have no responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting or using any prize. Mastercard is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, or any combination thereof, resulting from participation in the Competition.
- Except as specifically set out herein and to the maximum extent permitted by law, all conditions, warranties and representations expressed or implied by law are hereby excluded.
- By participating in the Competition, the entrant hereby indemnifies Mastercard against any and all actions, claims, damages, expenses or liabilities suffered or incurred directly or indirectly by Mastercard in consequence of any breach or alleged breach, non-performance or non-observation by the entrant of any agreement, conditions, obligation or warranty on the part of the entrant herein.
- Mastercard will not be responsible for the events that could affect the delivery and enjoyment of the prize, that were caused by strange causes not attributable to Mastercard, as well as fortuitous event or force majeure, strikes, atmospheric phenomena, cancellations of events beyond the control of Mastercard.
- In the event that any provision of these Rules is held to be illegal, invalid, void or otherwise unenforceable, it shall be severed from the remaining provisions which shall continue in full force and effect.
- Mastercard assumes no responsibility for the delivery, use and redemption of Gift Card.
- Progressive Grocers of Jamaica Limited is responsible for honouring and delivering the Gift Card and will enter into such contractual agreement, upon such terms and conditions as it deems fit, with the winner to facilitate the redemption of the prize.
- Mastercard respects your privacy. This section of the present Terms & Conditions applies to the personal data that Mastercard collects for purposes of implementing the Competition. If you do not agree with this authorization for the processing of personal data, the terms and conditions of which are described below, please do not participate in the Competition.
- We do not disclose personal data except for the above purposes to Mastercard’s advertising and marketing service providers, like Janus Strategic Marketing Services Limited; to Progressive Grocers of Jamaica Limited; or to Mastercard’s affiliates internationally, in compliance with applicable laws.
- We maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, misuse, and any other unlawful form of processing of personal data.
- Your personal data will only be retained as long as necessary for purposes of implementing the Competition.
- Pursuant to applicable law, you have the right to receive information about the personal data stored about you and to access and rectify your personal data by contacting us at: privacyanddataprotection@Mastercard.com or Mastercard International Incorporated, 2000 Purchase Street, Purchase, New York 10577, USA.
- The Competition and Rules will be governed by the laws of Jamaica and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Jamaica.